1. I don’t get a daily newspaper. I’m sadly out of touch with the real world except for my hour at the gym where I watch the “Alert” headlines on a 24X7 News channel. And we all know how perfectly useless those are.
2. I don’t get sleazy jokes in Hindi. I usually just nod along or pretend to be deep in conversation with someone else, but I just don’t ‘get’ them. I don’t know the words, I don’t get the context, and when you don’t bother to explain colloquialisms, its very difficult for a non-native speaker to understand.
3. I have stage fright. Ever since I was a eighth grade when I was handed a mike for the first time and it felt like it weighed a ton, I’ve been scared of being on stage. Scared of, I think, being the school joke for the next year.
4. I actually like some boyband songs. Some. Very Very Few. And NOT NSync.
5. I once spent five months living with my clothes in suitcases and my parents room because my cupboards were full of books.
6. I hate strawberries in all forms except fresh strawberries. I hate milkshakes, jam, preserves and shortcake. I love fresh strawberries. And I think its criminal to bury them in cream.
7. I cannot tell impasto from impressionism without google.com. I can however tell Pepsi from Coke. And I don’t particularly enjoy Shakespeare. I also occasionally end sentences with prepositions. Not the biggest crime I can think of.
7.5. I have been awake for less than eleven hours in a highly unproductive day. This post is a desperate attempt to keep this blog from dying. I’ve rarely stuck to anything for this long. Ask my guitar instructor!